For every business owner, no matter what size of business you are managing knows that a key to success is ensuring that your business is increasing staff productivity. Why? Because the more productive you are means that you are increasing the output of the business at a lower cost per unit of output which means an increase in profits. In simple terms getting more done with less.
What is the role of technology?
The answer to that is quite simple as technology permeates our daily working lives. Think about what life was like with no mobile phones, no email, no internet, no electronic calendars, no collaboration tools and technologies like Skype. Technology today is so cost effective that all businesses can now afford to use these technologies to increase productivity.
Business productivity is the absolute focus of Microsoft Office 365. It is about ensuring that staff have access to: email 24/7 on any device that they use, remote access to data through the cloud and being able to work on that data via software such as Excel and Word etc.
One of the keys for every small to medium business is to ensure that technology is being managed and implemented across the business in a smooth and seamless manner so that their people are working at optimal levels to maximize the businesses productivity resulting in the best possible results.
How does technology impact on business productivity?
Overcoming the challenges of executing on a business strategy daily is where technology has the biggest impact for businesses. Using technology to create automation of tasks allows employees to communicate faster and effectively, give employees an ability to focus on the priorities that will deliver the results that the business is looking for.
When assessing business productivity tools such as MS Office 365, it is imperative that the business understands how it will help?
- Create an open and communicative environment.
- Connect teams virtually within the company.
- Motivate your employees using technology.
- Monitor business productivity and employee progress on goals. Analyze performance
- Create a flexible workforce no matter where they are they can access what they need
- Stay secure and compliant.
How can Computer Troubleshooters help you with Office 365?
The team at Computer Troubleshooters can help you across all stages of your implementation, from assisting you to identify the plan you need, implementing the package including the setup and migration of your email to Microsoft Office 365, to the ongoing management of your solution under a monthly subscription plan. To locate your nearest Computer Troubleshooter Click here
What are the key benefits for Business Owners?
Some things to think about are:
- Capital investment– do you prefer to invest to upgrade systems or use a pay as you go subscription model?
- Space and operating requirements – do you need to run your own infrastructure?
- Maintenance – would hosting dramatically reduce staff or outsource costs for your IT support?
- Scalability – will you need to add or reduce users in the future?
- Operating control – can you trust an external IT expert to remotely manage your systems?
- Applications – can you use hosted applications or do you need to host locally?
- Data usage and file sizes – are your business characteristics suitable to use hosted applications?
- Broadband speed and capacity – can your internet bandwidth handle hosted usage?
- Statutory data retention – does your business have a requirement to hold and protect data?
By implementing Office 365 will productivity increase?
Productivity does not increase simply by implementing Office 365 it is important that you educate your staff in how to use the technology effectively and to have identified a range of business processes and activities that can benefit from the technology and make certain you get the buy in of your staff to those changes. The lesson to remember is to have a plan of action for the change you are introducing to your business.